Date Posted: 2/7/2013
HOIST Fitness Systems has an immediate opening for a Product Manager – Cardio Division. This position will manage the product range of LeMond bikes including upright, recumbent and spin.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Play an integral part in product development process, overseeing all aspects for products
• Set goals, strategy & future product plan
• Work closely with the Taiwanese & Chinese manufacturers to implement procedures
• Full understanding of the manufacturing procedure
• Control cost of products through knowledge and relationships with the suppliers
• Oversee new product development projects
• Develop project plan; set product budget, pricing, timeline and prepare product specifications (including software specification)
• Research and survey oversea manufacturers
• Interface with suppliers to initiate new projects, track progress and resolve problems to ensure projects are completed on time & within budget
• Establish cost targets and track manufacturing and tooling costs; negotiate and engage suppliers in achieving cost targets
• Lead product design; engineering and software development
• Conduct product testing and/or engage suppliers in product testing to ensure product conforms to specifications and meets expectations
• Maintain existing product quality
• Assist in warranty department & sales department
• Work & train a mass merchant manufacturer in China to produce higher quality products for specialty fitness market
• Marketing research and competition study; maintain product competitive matrix; identify new products and market trends
• Assist in new product development: industrial design, engineering, product testing
• New manufacturer survey & manufacturer rating
• New product support: technical documentation (owner’s manual, service manual; training manual.
• Work with oversea suppliers: some overseas travel depending on the project and work with suppliers regarding current product support, new product development and supplier visits & manufacturing trade shows
• Assist in existing product quality control: incoming inspection, work with QC inspectors and supplier regarding quality issues
• Set up SOP and time table for each product
• Assist in factory process improvement
• Work with outside consultant to implement ISO 9000
• Work with overseas companies; Negotiate contracts & pricing
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Computer skills: MS Office; MS Project; MS Power Point; Auto Cad & knowledge of Solidworks Ability to read, produce and edit engineering drawings
Ability to anticipate and solve problems
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Must be able to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
We offer a benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan and paid holidays and vacation.
Please submit resume via email along with a salary history and requirements.
All inquiries are kept confidential.